The PADI Advanced Open Water course is the natural extension of the PADI Open Water course. It is designed to be continued directly after your PADI Open Water course.
This course will help you gain more confidence and enhance your diving skills under the watchful eye of a highly qualified PADI Instructor. With this you will get extra dive experience, learn new activities and become a better diver and getting more enjoyment out of your scuba diving.
You’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to:
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 metres)
- Select three more Adventure Dives of your liking
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (AOWD)
The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
The training lasts 2 days and does not require any classroom time. It includes 5 dives, 2 of which are required – deep dive (no deeper than 30 meters) and underwater navigation. Other 3 dives are available upon diver’s discretion.
This can be:
- digital underwater photography
- night diving
- wreck diving
- diving with underwater scooters
- peak performance buoyancy
- AWARE Fish Identification
- Diving from the boat
- Drift diving
- Multilevel dives with computer
- Search and recovery
To take this course, you must be
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another diving training organization)
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
Options & Prices in THB per pax*:
|No. dives and Destination||1 student||2 – 4 students|
|AOWD 2 days||5 dives – Racha Yai, King Cruiser, Shark Point, Ko Dok Mai||10 000||9 500|
|AOWD 2 days||6 dives – Racha Noi, Racha Yai, Phi-Phi**||11 000||10 500|
|AOWD + EAD*** 3 days||9 dives – Racha Noi, Racha Yai, King Cruiser, Shark Point, Ko Dok Mai, Phi-Phi**||17 500||16 800|
* PADI manual & certificate – 2 700 thb for AOWD and 2 200 thb for EAD – not included in prices
**Phi-Phi Islands Marina Park Fee – 600 thb / diver
*** Include 1 tank with Nitrox