Explore deeper dive sites with confidence at depths down to 40 metres/130 ft. Learn to manage your gas supply, go over buddy contact procedures, and buoyancy control.
Deep diving is a means to an end. You make a deep dive to see, to do or to experience something that you can not on a shallower dive. There is no reason to make a deep dive if you can make essentially the same dive at a shallower depth. Unlike shallower dives, deep dives tend to be short since time and air supply is limited. Therefore, you do not have a great deal of time to do much so you will need to make smart decisions about a dive objective and the dive accomplishments.
The lure of the deep. There’s something exciting and mysterious about exploring deeper dive sites while scuba diving. Sometimes it’s a wreck that attracts you below 18 metres/60 feet, and on wall dives it may be a giant fan or sponge. Whatever it is, to scuba dive with confidence at depths down to 40 metres/130 feet, you should take the PADI Deep Diver Specialty course.
If you’ve earned the PADI Adventure Diver rating or higher, and you’re at least 15 years old, you can enroll in the Deep Diver course.
Your training starts by reviewing reasons for deep diving and how important it is to know your personal limits. During four deep dives with your instructor, you’ll go over:
- Specialized deep diving equipment.
- Deep dive planning, buddy contact procedures and buoyancy control.
- Managing your gas supply, dealing with gas narcosis and safety considerations.
What You Learn
- Improve you techniques for diving in the deeper to a depth of 40 meters.
- Deep scuba diving equipment safety considerations
- Improve your deep diving planning and get experience in doing that
- You will plan, organize and make at least four deep dives along side the watchful eye of your qualified PADI Instructor
- Minimum age: 15 years old
- Advanced Open water certified scuba diver or equivalent
PATES* per pax in THB:
|1 student||2 – 4 students|
|2 days / 4 dives from boat||8 500||8 000|
* PADI certificate and Manual – 2 300 THB don’t include in price
- transfer from / to hotel (Kata, Karon, Patong)
- 4 dives from boat
- breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks and fruits on the boat
- full set equipment
- air tanks 12 l
- weights and belts
- PADI instructor
- Transfers in remotely located hotels (specify when booking)
- Dive computer: 300 THB / day
- Torch – 300 THB / day
- Nitrox: 300 THB / 12 l tank