As a PADI Search and Recovery diver you will learn the techniques for searching the bottom for missing items and how to recover them to the surface. Search and recovery is both a useful skill and an enjoyable challenge.
It happens: People accidentally drop things from docks, off boats or even while scuba diving. If you’ve ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you. There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success. And there are good and better methods to bring up small, large or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun.
PADI (Junior) Advanced Open Water Divers who are at least 12 years old can enroll in the Search and Recover Diver course. PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers with a PADI Underwater Navigator certification also qualify.
Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search are the first important steps you learn. During four scuba dives you’ll practice:
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.
RATES* per pax in THB:
|1 student||2 – 4 students|
|2 days / 4 dives||9 000||8 500|
* PADI certificate and Manual – 2 700 THB don’t include in price
- transfer from / to hotel (Kata, Karon, Patong)
- 4 dives from boat
- breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks and fruits on the boat
- full set equipment
- air tanks 12 l
- weights and belts
- PADI instructor
- Transfers in remotely located hotels (specify when booking)
- Dive computer: 300 THB / day
- Torch – 300 THB / day
- Nitrox: 300 THB / 12 l tank
- Phi Phi Islands National Park fees: 600 ฿ per diver