The PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Diver course is the first specialty that any certified diver must take if they want to enjoy more time at greater depths underwater.
When diving the King Cruiser Wreck in Phuket on air we are always limited by our no-deco time. Although the wreck goes down to 30m the bulk of the dive is at 25m giving you a no-deco dive time of 29 minutes on the wreck. That same dive on Enriched Air Nitrox (EAN) 32% would give you 25% more dive time by giving you a no-deco limit of 40 minutes.
Diving Enriched Air Nitrox also means that as you have absorbed less nitrogen, you therefore have less to off-gas during you surface interval between dives. This can often extend your no-deco times for your second dive considerably as well.
Enriched Air Nitrox, once considered a technical divers gas, has been gaining popularity in recreational diving in Thailand over the last decade due to its ability through proper use to add time and conservatism to our dives. We now see it in use on the boat everyday in Phuket.
- PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver
- Min 12 years old
You will learn:
- Techniques for getting more dive time by using enriched air nitrox
- Enriched air scuba diving equipment considerations
- Enriched air considerations, including managing oxygen exposure, how to tell what is in your scuba tank and how to set your dive computer
Many of our liveaboards also offer Nitrox onboard to enable you to extend your dive experience.
RATES* per pax in THB:
|1 student||2 – 4 students|
|Only theory in class – 0 dives||2 500||2 300|
|Theory + 2-3 dives from boat include 1 tank with Nitrox||6 500||6 000|
* PADI certificate and Manual – 2 700 THB don’t include in price
- transfer from / to hotel (Kata, Karon, Patong)
- 4 dives from boat
- breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks and fruits on the boat
- full set equipment
- air tanks 12 l
- weights and belts
- PADI instructor
- Transfers in remotely located hotels (specify when booking)
- Dive computer: 300 THB / day
- Torch – 300 THB / day
- Nitrox: 300 THB / 12 l tank
- Phi Phi Islands National Park fees: 600 ฿ per diver