Scuba diving on the best dive sites is always more enjoyable when you know where you’re going. With the PADI Underwater Navigator specialty course, there is no reason to surface far away from the boat or shore exit point and end up with a long swim ahead of you.
Good navigation is one of those skills that makes a diver stand out from the crowd. While some divers are comfortable just following a tour guide around a dive site an experienced diver will always no where they are and how to get back to the boat, the shore or to the exit point.
The course has a diving emphasis with at least three navigation dives in open water. These dives will develop your abilities to navigate based on what you observe as you dive, based on instruments like your compass and based on integrating both these tools.
You will learn:
- Navigation patterns
- Natural navigation (without a compass)
- Compass navigation
- How to “mark” or relocate a submerged object or position from the surface
- Underwater map making
- How to follow irregular courses with the Nav-Finder
- Dive site relocation
- How to estimate distance underwater
Good navigation skills help with other types of diving like wreck diving, search and recovery, drift diving and night diving amongst others. At Diversaint you can combine the Underwater Navigator specialty with other specialties or with any of our boat diving or beach diving trips.
The PADI Underwater Navigation course teaches you the techniques to become a competent underwater navigator and better diver. You will learn about using natural underwater features to navigate and compass navigation.
RATES* per pax in THB:
|1 student||2 – 4 students|
|1 day / 3 dives||6 000||5 500|
* PADI certificate and Manual – 2 700 THB don’t include in price
- transfer from / to hotel (Kata, Karon, Patong)
- 4 dives from boat
- breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks and fruits on the boat
- full set equipment
- air tanks 12 l
- weights and belts
- PADI instructor
- Transfers in remotely located hotels (specify when booking)
- Dive computer: 300 THB / day
- Torch – 300 THB / day
- Nitrox: 300 THB / 12 l tank
- Phi Phi Islands National Park fees: 600 ฿ per diver